Noi6 means "the 6 of us" in Romanian.

We are five, you are the sixth one.

We thank you for joining us in our trip around the world...

Monday, March 7, 2011

Two Hundred Twenty Five

Guess what? You can only have an accurate countdown after you decide on a target day. We had some days counted before but we really didn't know when we leave. But now we know.  Since my last post we went back and forth between leaving October 23 or November 27, with two different plans. We were waiting for an answer from my job and checking some plane tickets and waiting. And waiting. I don't know for what, maybe for the right way to define the question. One day I realized that in the process of planning for this trip we ended up upside down. We knew the end but not the beginning. But since we actually don't know the ending, maybe we should just start at the beginning. Even though it would be a nice idea to end in Romania in December 2012, we might end our trip in September, or in June or in November. We'll know when we are done and when we are ready to come back. Or we'll just find out that the money is over and we'll have to come back.

I explained this to my director and during a five minute conversation he told me that I should just go ahead and decide. Looking at a calendar he had on the wall we chose my last day - October 15. Neither one realized that it's a Saturday and we don't work weekends. It just sounds good. October 15.

Saturday morning we bought our first tickets. It is amazing. Tickets for February 29, 360 days from now. Flying from Kuala Lumpur to Christchurch for less than $105 per person. Taxes, lunch and luggage included. It's a distance longer than from here to Europe. If I would find this ticket price for Europe we might just go every other weekend. Before this we had to decide on Asia or Australia first. Our parents were still undecided on coming to China. I asked if they might consider coming in November. They said no. But they said we should just make our plans as we think best. Started from Japan the trip could be 8000 miles shorter and at least $2500 cheaper. We don't have yet the plane tickets for Japan and we only have 225 days to get them and get on the plane... I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment form message here