Noi6 means "the 6 of us" in Romanian.

We are five, you are the sixth one.

We thank you for joining us in our trip around the world...

Saturday, June 4, 2011

A.M.R.

I was leaving the military unit in which I was doing my required week of military service, when the guard soldier asked me: “What’s your CD?” I continued to walk thinking: “What is a CD?… Count Down to liberation from military!” Our CD is 138. Today. Tomorrow it will be 137. As in the army, the time crawls by.

We are in this situation: it seems that we are going to rent the apartment above the office (we don’t have yet a firm answer) and our house. Daily we study about the places that we are going to visit and at meals we discuss arguments for and against.

The luggage occupies a corner of the house and we deposit there everything that we would like to take. It grows. Studying Chinese was not what I envisioned on iknow.jp because they concentrate on the signs and they don’t offer me enough practice for reading and almost nothing for writing. I changed the source to Modern Mandarin Chinese for begginers by Monika Mei, a book that she wrote for tourists and so, I can learn how to order juice, coffee, duck, how much does it costs, etc.

With the exception of two legs we have the plane tickets for the first six months of the trip. Fifty tickets for aproximately $1500! This is because Mihai surveilles AirAsia’s website everynight and finds out about sales and he has the patience to upload all the information about us. And also because of him we know where we are going and when. When I was reading about Angkor Wat and following the links from wikipedia, I learned that we are going to be there when they have their New Year and so we will see dances and shows for the event. Excited, I told him about my discovery. His reaction: sure, I planned it this way.

The school needs to be pushed, but there is no one to do it. I should do it, but I lost track long time ago, after I finished scheduling what they have to study from where. And above everything we have a heat wave that melts our minds.

What do we still have to do? I learn how to take better pictures. My father used to be director of image and he tried to teach me the abcs. I have retained only superficialy. Sony alpha 100 is a good camera which would allow me to take special photographs, if I would know how to use it.

I have to sew the girls skirts and the head nets against bugs.

We have to do the vaccinations part here in USA (those for yellow fever and rabies we’re thinking to do them in India or somewhere where they would cost less then $800 per person).

And so many other things that depend on renting the house and I don’t want to think about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment form message here